The AI in Mobile Application Development
The realm of artificial intelligence or AI is ever-evolving. What used to be some computer systems that are reserved for robotics can now be a technology that can be incorporated in other areas as well.
One area of interest is mobile app development. It should come as no surprise at this point that artificial intelligence has been used in developing mobile applications.
For instance, if you use entertainment apps, you will find that you will be given some suggestions when you use them for quite some time. You can thank Machine Learning for that, which is a brand of artificial intelligence that is used in creating mobile applications.
In this article, I will talk about the pros and cons of using AI in mobile app development. Let’s start with the positives.
- Completes Mundane Tasks Easily- The implementation of chatbots is nothing new. In fact, it has been embraced by many businesses because it can help automate some work that could’ve been very boring or mundane. Chatbots, as you know, is part of artificial intelligence.
- Augmented Reality- The AR technology is still relatively new, but it is going to change the way we view reality. There are some apps that utilize augmented reality by superimposing some computer-generated pictures into a real-world view, enhancing the experience of the person who is looking at it.
- Fewer Mistakes- Artificial intelligence is pretty accurate, especially when used in fields that would require complex calculations such as space exploration, among others.
- Can Be Used in “Smart” Robots- There are “smart” robots that are now being used to carefully diagnose patients with certain diseases. With the right programming, developers can create applications that will make use of this feature.
- Still is Not Able to Think- Sure, artificial intelligence can be used to automate some processes, but they still cannot “think” for themselves.
- Loss of Real Employees- Due to the emergence of artificial intelligence, a lot of people have lost their jobs in the process. People who were tasked to do mundane work can now be done by AI applications so there is no more use for them.
- High Costs- Even though artificial intelligence is very useful in app development, actually building some can be quite costly. This means that not every company will be able to enjoy its uses.
- Lack of Judgment- Artificial intelligence can be programmed to be smart, but it lacks one important component: human judgment. When push comes to shove, AI applications will not be able to do commands on their own and cannot fix problems when they arise.
- No Reasonable “Change”- The only time mobile applications get changed is if the developer makes changes.
Artificial intelligence will be incorporated into many different mobile apps in the future. But, despite its many uses, it does have its flaws. Be sure to think about them when you’re trying to develop an application that involves the use of Artificial Intelligence.